Dr. O’Neal W. Koger Jr. received his medical training from Howard University in Washington, D.C., graduating in May, 1984. He then attended The Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Cleveland, Ohio, where he received his Internship in Internal Medicine in June, 1985, and finished his Residency in Dermatology in June, 1988, serving as Chief Resident from July, 1987 to June, 1988.
Dr. Koger earned several awards along the way, including the National Competitive Scholarship in May, 1978, Magna Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa in May, 1980, and Alpha Omega Alpha in May, 1984. Dr. Koger passed the National Board of Medical Examiners in June, 1985, and the American Board of Dermatology in October, 1988. He became a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology in December, 1988, and received certification from the Cutaneous Laser Workshop in 1985 and 1986.
- Internal Medicine, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 1985
- Dermatology, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, OH 1988
Medical School and Year of Graduation
- Howard University, 1984
AAD Membership Status
Key Professional Achievements and Awards
- National Competitive Scholarship, May 1978
- Magna Cum Laude, Howard University, May 1980
- Phi Beta Kappa, May 1980
- Alpha Omega Alpha, May 1984