Dermatologist in Royal Oak, MI
If you are a dermatology patient, you want a dermatologist who understands your unique needs. Dr. O’Neal Koger Jr. at Koger Dermatology in Royal Oak, MI, is uniquely qualified to provide medical and cosmetic dermatology services because he specializes in skincare. He can help you look and feel your best.
Why you should see a dermatologist?
Your dermatologist can customize your treatment and offer services to enhance your beautiful skin. When you visit a dermatologist, you can be assured that the treatments Dr. O’Neal Koger Jr. recommends are safe and effective for your skin type.
How a dermatologist can help you?
Your dermatologist can help with skin conditions that are unique to you. Some of the conditions treated at Koger Dermatology include:
- Exogenous Ochronosis, which is a condition causing skin discoloration in the face and eyes
- Acne, is a condition caused by clogged pores or underlying bacteria
- Keloids, which are areas of thick scarring
- Seborrheic Keratosis, which is an area of skin tags usually around the eyes and upper face
- Melasma, which is an area of blotchy, darker skin
- Shingles, is a painful condition caused by the same virus which causes chickenpox
Treatments available from your dermatologist
Your dermatologist will recommend treatments that won’t harm darker skin tones. Some of the treatments which work on lighter skin, don’t work as well on darker skin. In fact, some treatments using lasers and chemical substances can harm darker skin tones.
Your dermatologist may recommend:
Cryosurgery, to remove skin tags, warts, and other growths
Facials, to help with acne, dry skin, anti-aging, and other skin concerns
Skincare products, to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, rehydrate, and improve the texture of your skin
Anti-aging products, including Botox, dermal fillers, and other treatments to reverse the early signs of aging.