African American Dermatologist in Royal Oak, MI
If you are African American, you want a dermatologist who understands your unique needs. You want an African American Dermatologist. Dr. O’Neal Koger Jr. at Koger Dermatology in Royal Oak, MI, is uniquely qualified to provide medical and cosmetic dermatology services because he is African American. He can help you look and feel your best.
Why you should see an African American dermatologist
Your dermatologist can customize your treatment and offer services to enhance your beautiful skin. When you visit an African American dermatologist, you can be assured that the treatments Dr. O’Neal Koger Jr. recommends are safe and effective for your skin type.
How an African American dermatologist can help you
Your dermatologist can help with skin conditions that are unique to African Americans. Some of the conditions treated at Koger Dermatology include:
- Exogenous Ochronosis, which is a condition causing skin discoloration in the face and eyes
- Acne, is a condition caused by clogged pores or underlying bacteria
- Keloids, which are areas of thick scarring
- Seborrheic Keratosis, which is an area of skin tags usually around the eyes and upper face
- Melasma, which is an area of blotchy, darker skin
- Shingles, is a painful condition caused by the same virus which causes chickenpox
Treatments available from your African American dermatologist
Your African American dermatologist will recommend treatments that won’t harm darker skin tones. Some of the treatments which work on lighter skin, don’t work as well on darker skin. In fact, some treatments using lasers and chemical substances can harm darker skin tones.
Your African American dermatologist may recommend:
Cryosurgery, to remove skin tags, warts, and other growths
Facials, to help with acne, dry skin, anti-aging, and other skin concerns
Skincare products, to minimize the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, rehydrate, and improve the texture of your skin
Anti-aging products, including Botox, dermal fillers, and other treatments to reverse the early signs of aging.